Consulting and Training
The eBook world is sometimes very hard to understand and navigate. As veterans in the eBook world and experts in the technologies that are used to develop eBooks, we can help you and your team with any type of training or consulting you might need.
Whether you are an author or a publisher, whether you have a specific need or are just looking for an overview of the market, we can help. Consulting can consist of a variety of possibilities:
- an hour on the phone talking about the eBook market or questions you have;
- looking over a problematic file that just won’t do what it should do;
- assessing outsource vendor files for quality issues;
- attending (virtually or in-person) acquisitions meetings to discuss what is possible on a new project you want to tackle;
- half- or full-day on-site consulting with targeted feedback and training for your development and/or management teams;
- workflow consultations;
- …and more.
Joshua has been creating eBooks for more than a decade, and we can offer you professional assistance on any level of your eBook planning, management, and execution.
Here are a few real-world examples that should help you see what is possible:
- Joshua has done multi-day consultations at many publishers, both large and small, talking with their development teams about eBook processes, assessing their in-house workflows for issues and potential pitfalls, and training members of different teams how to develop better eBooks regardless of their current workflows.
- We have developed templates for a few publisher clients that allow their editorial team to assign styles in Word, then hand those files off to us for eBook development at lower-than-normal fees.
- We worked with Harvard Business Publishing to develop a template they could use for whitepapers and other standardized eBooks they create in-house.
- We helped The New York Times combine a disorganized collection of articles, images, and data into an organized, well-developed eBook (Open Secrets). These kinds of non-standard eBook development projects are very common for our team, and we have done similar work with The Economist, The Dallas Morning News, and USA Today, among others.
- Publishers and authors regularly call us when they are in the early stages of planning and acquisitions to discuss the potential eBook options for their project.
These are just a sampling of the kinds of consulting services we offer. We are open to whatever kind of help you need, from quick calls to large projects, from easy fixes to massive workflow overhauls.
Our standard fee for consultations is $200 per hour with a half-hour minimum. Please contact Joshua directly to discuss how we can help you.
If you just have a question about a potential project or would like to find out if we are able to help you, Joshua is more than happy to spend a few minutes on the phone with you explaining our process and answering your questions. These kinds of introductory calls are always free and do not normally require a scheduled time. Just contact Joshua when you are ready to talk.